Mold removal, or mold remediation, is necessary when toxic mold is discovered growing on a building’s structure. Whether the mold was caused by a roof leak, water intrusion, improper ventilation, or humidity control, its removal helps mitigate health and safety risks and prevents further property damage.
Mold removal in Toronto buildings should only be undertaken by an experienced and trusted service provider. Though it may seem like an easy job, mold removal requires special equipment and techniques. Before hiring a mold remediation company in Toronto, make sure you follow these tips.
Do You Need to Get a Mold Test Before Removal?
No. You don’t need to get any mold tests before getting mold removal services in Toronto. Since mold is visible, you don’t need to spend several hundreds of dollars testing it. When mold grows, a building becomes unhealthy and would need to be removed anyway. That said, once you see it, you don’t need any tests to determine its concentration and type. Instead, you need to figure out a way to get rid of it.
However, in some cases, you may need a mold inspection. For instance, if you want solid proof for negotiation purposes. Suppose you’re purchasing a home or business with some grown mold. In that case, you may consider testing it and providing the results to the seller. This way, you can negotiate the cost down on the basis that you’ll incur extra charges to remove it.
What Should You Consider When Hiring Mold Removal Company in Toronto?
Hiring a mold remediation company in Toronto shouldn’t be a daunting task, as many people think. All you need is to consider several crucial factors to help you select an authentic company. Here are some factors worth considering:
- Integrity: What’s the company’s reputation? Does the company have safety and health certificates? What about its performance track record? A Good mod remediation company will show a positive performance and avail necessary certificates as requested by potential clients.
- References: Request references from previous customers who dealt with the company in the same situation. Previous clients give a first-hand experience of how it looks or feels like working with the company. If the references show proof of satisfaction, it means that its mold remediation services are satisfactory.
- Length of service: How long has the mold removal company been in business? Of course, the length of service should reflect the company’s experience. However, you should always review the company’s track record and customer satisfaction level.
Inch by Inch Inspections is a certified master inspector that strictly adheres to industry standards. All of our experts are fully insured and all of our remediation work is in compliance with CCA-82.
What to Expect from Mold Removal Services in Toronto?
Professional mold removal in Toronto should involve several practices. This list contains what you should expect from mold removal services.
- The mold remediation professionals should wear safety gear, including high-quality filtration face masks, gloves, and a complete protective suit.
- The service provider should seal off the area under mold remediation to prevent the dispersal of mold spores in the surrounding environment.
- Once the mold is removed, the service provider should clean the using High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air scrubbers, vacuums, and commercial-strength dehumidifiers. This way, it will replace unclean moldy air with fresh, clean air.
- The mold removal service provider should use antimicrobial chemicals to get rid of the remaining mold stains.
- The mold professionals should use an encapsulant or sealer to boost the resistance of the recently treated areas.
Mold removal in Toronto is a complicated process that is best left to the experts at Inch by Inch Inspections. Since breathing mold spores can cause health issues, hiring a professional mold remediation company in Toronto to ensure your safety is important. Contact Inch by Inch today to book our professional mold remediation services!