Signs You Need Mold Removal in Oakville

Due to their microscopic size, molds are very hard to notice in the initial phases of growth. They become visible to the naked eye once they have established and formed a colony. Molds like damp, dark areas and warm temperatures (77° - 86° F), so any humid, hidden spots at your home might be perfect environments for these microscopic fungi to thrive. Although it is challenging to notice them early, there are some tell-tale signs of their presence.

Choose what’s best for you, and schedule professional mold remediation for your Oakville Home today. 

signs of mold in home

Signs of Mold Growth

Molds are very persistent and adaptable creatures, so it is best to keep an eye on areas in the home abundant in moisture, like bathrooms, basements, kitchens and attics. If you notice any of the following signs, it is advised that you get a mold removal in your Oakville home done by a professional.

  1. Water spots – Recent flooding and water damage are the most common reasons for mold infestation in indoor environments. This is because, in these situations, water often gets deep into the building materials and flooring, providing molds with favourable conditions for growth. The mycelium can get really deep into the material, so superficial removal won’t provide long-term results. 
  2. Musty odours – Molds produce various compounds and emit certain smells as a result. The odours can appear before the visible spots, so it is a good early indicator of mold presence. If you notice an earthy, musty, damp smell in your Oakville home, it is a clear sign that you are in need of mold removal.
  3. Visible colonies – Dark spots on walls, dusty or slimy discolorations between tiles, around pipes and on different materials are undoubted signs of mold presence. To notice these early, inspect your home thoroughly every once in a while, giving special attention to humid areas with suboptimal ventilation.
  4. Symptoms of mold exposure – Your body can also tell you whether there are molds around. Experiencing nasal congestion, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, skin rash, and chest pain can indicate mold exposure, especially if the symptoms get worse when you’re home and better once you go out.

What Should I Do After Discovering Mold at My Home?

Although molds are perceived as an unpleasant nuisance by many homeowners, they are a lot more than that. Inhaling their spores for prolonged periods of time can lead to serious lung problems. Children, the elderly, people with respiratory issues, compromised immune systems and other serious health issues are especially sensitive to molds. Healthy adults are more tolerant, but they too can develop lung problems as a result of long-term exposure.

The aforementioned signs will indicate whether your home is under a threat of a mold infestation. If you notice any of them, it is best to reach out to a trusted, professional mold remediation company in Oakville.  Experienced, friendly inspectors of Inch by Inch Inspections are always ready to make your living environment better and healthier in the safest and most efficient way. 

Call Now: 416-568-9702
Error...

Please, enter a valid value

Inch by Inch Inspections

REQUEST A FREE QUOTE

PLEASE ANSWER

SCHEDULE INSPECTION

PLEASE ANSWER

Please, enter a valid value