Reasons to Stay Away From Mold Removal Spray in Mississauga

Home inspections may reveal that you need mold removal in Mississauga. The sudden knowledge of a hazardous infestation in your living quarters might push you to take matters into your own hands and attempt DIY mold removal. While heading to the store and purchasing mold removal spray may be tempting, it's not practical or safe. Get started with a home inspection from Inch By Inch Inspections to determine the level of mold in your property and implement a strategic plan to remove it. 

Read on to know why you should stay away from mold removal sprays.

Only Works on Solid Surfaces

mold removal MississaugaMold removal sprays only work on non-porous, solid surfaces like stainless steel, plastic, or glass. These sprays will not work on porous surfaces, like carpets, hardwood floors, couches, drywall, or mattresses. Mold removal sprays, including household items like bleach or a vinegar-water mixture, cannot penetrate deep into porous surfaces and kill mold spores. If mold has infested your couch, mattress, or carpet, it's likely to spread to other parts of your home that may not be visible. In fact, some sprays used for DIY mold removal at home end up making spores travel deeper into porous surfaces where detecting them becomes more of a challenge. 
Contact Inch By Inch Inspections for a home inspection and mold removal in Mississauga, so we can guarantee that mold is effectively eliminated from your home.

Removes Surface Stains, But Leaves Mold

Mold removal sprays will typically only get rid of the stain caused by mold, especially on soft, porous surfaces. However, these sprays won't eliminate the presence of spores completely. You may have some peace of mind once the stain is gone, but the spores are still in the material. Before you know it, mold will have grown back on the surface, putting your efforts to waste. 

Doesn't Completely Eliminate Mold

By only using a mold removal spray, you're only removing the surface of the infestation. Mold spores will still be present, lingering in the air, and will ultimately find another place to settle and grow within your home. In addition, DIY mold removal methods don't address the source of the infestation or why mold spores settle in your home. Without repairing any moisture or ventilation issues within your home, mold will rapidly return even after you've tried to eradicate it. In order to guarantee that your home is free from mold infestations, get in touch with a professional restoration company, like Inch By Inch Inspections, for mold remediation services. Following remediation, you'll have to take preventive measures to reduce the chances of another mold infestation, like improving ventilation, fixing leaks, and investing in a dehumidifier. 

Presents a Potential Health Hazard

Not only are mold removal sprays ineffective, but they may also pose several health hazards. Of course, by exposing yourself to mold, you're putting yourself at risk of the numerous health effects that mold spores present, such as migraines, congestion, coughing, sneezing, or fatigue. Additionally, the fumes from excessive use of mold removal sprays may get you ill as well. Inhalation of the fumes from mold removal spray may result in throat inflammation, eye irritation, coughing, or breathing difficulty. If you are to use mold removal spray, it's imperative that you wear personal protective equipment (PPE), such as goggles, gloves, and a mask. 

Call a Mold Removal Professional

If you spot mold in your home, don't try to remove it yourself. Professional mold removal is effective, safe, and practical. Eliminate mold from your home once and for all, and contact a professional. 

Contact Inch By Inch Inspections today.

Schedule Your Inspection Today. FREE Estimates Available

Call Now: 416-568-9702

Please, enter a valid value

Inch by Inch Inspections



Please, enter a valid value