Mold is commonly found in bathrooms and can appear for a variety of reasons, such as high humidity levels, poor ventilation, and leaks. While some molds are harmless, others can cause health problems, so it's important to determine if the mold in your bathroom is dangerous. However, not all bathroom mold requires professional mold removal in Oakville. Before you go online and research for mold remediation in Oakville. Take the time to read our blog to understand what mold is, how it started growing, and whether DIY mold removal in Oakville is the right choice for you.
DIY or Professional Mold Remediation in Oakville
In most cases, you can clean up small amounts of mold yourself by using a household cleaner and some water. If the mold is on a hard surface, such as tile or linoleum, you can scrub it with a brush. If the mold is on a fabric surface, such as a shower curtain, you can rinse it with hot water.
If the mold is on a porous surface, such as drywall or wood, you may need to remove the affected material and replace it. You should also consider hiring a professional for mold removal in Oakville if the mold is growing in more than one area, if it's producing a strong odor, or if you see any health symptoms related to mold exposure.
Reasons Bathroom Mold Happens
Mold is quite common and often appears in bathrooms for several reasons, such as:
- Poor ventilation
- Water damage
When DIY Mold Removal In Oakville is OKAY
Before you spend any money hiring a Certified Mold Inspector, you may want to understand what you can safely clean or remove on your own.
If the mold is causing a mildew smell or is visible, you may want to hire a professional Certified Mold Inspector to remove it. However, if the mold is not causing any problems, you may be able to clean it or remove it on your own. Here are a few tips on how to do that:
- If the mold is on a hard surface, such as tile or metal, you can use a commercially available cleaner or detergent to clean it.
- If the mold is on a soft surface, such as drywall, you can use a detergent or bleach solution to clean it. Be sure to rinse the area well afterwards.
- If the mold is growing on caulking or grout, you can use a bleach solution to kill the mold and then scrub it off.
- If the mold is growing in the bathtub or shower, you can use a bleach or vinegar solution to clean it.
- If the mold is in the air, you can use a dehumidifier to reduce the humidity and help stop the mold from growing.
If the mold is not extensive and you have mildew or very little mold growth, you can try the following:
- Clean the area with a vinegar and water solution
- Dry the area completely
- Use a bleach and water solution to clean the area (be sure to test this solution in an inconspicuous area before using it on the mold)
- Apply a commercial mold killer (follow the directions carefully)
If the mold is more extensive, you will likely need to hire a professional mold removal service in Oakville. They will be able to properly remove the mold, clean the area, and help you take steps to prevent it from coming back.
Mold is a common problem in bathrooms, and if it's not dealt with properly, it can become a major issue. If you're not sure whether you need professional mold removal for bathroom mold, contact the experts at Inch By Inch today.