Having mold in your home is not just an unpleasant nuisance – it is also a constant source of air pollution in an environment where you spend a significant portion of the day. Besides plaguing the area with their musty smells and causing unsightly stains on walls, molds also cause respiratory issues and allergic reactions. Long term exposure to these microscopic fungi can result in chronic sinusitis, skin rashes, and low quality of sleep. Exposure to molds is especially harmful to children and the elderly. So, if your home is experiencing problems with these persistent fungi, it is best to get a professional mold removal in Burlington.
Where Do Molds Grow?
Molds need humidity to thrive, so they are often found around leaky pipes, after flooding and generally in areas that are prone to high air humidity and excess moisture. They are not very picky – they will grow on almost any organic material given there is enough water in the environment. Molds can be often found in rooms with stuffy air, as low air circulation slows down the evaporation of water, giving them more time to spread.
How Does Mold Removal Work?
Depending on the scale of the infestation, mold removal can be anywhere from simple to quite complicated. However, every mold removal includes five steps:
1. Removing the source of excess moisture – Leaks, damaged insulation and roofing materials, or any other source of excess moisture should be repaired promptly to stop the infestation from spreading further.
2. Isolation of the infested area – Moldy rooms are closed off and sealed with sheets and duct tape to prevent spore dispersal.
3. Estimating the level of contamination – This is a very important step because there are different approaches to mold removal depending on the scale of the problem. Judging the situation based on visible colonies won’t yield the wanted results, as molds can grow deep inside the building material and remain undetected. Proper estimation requires experience, as well as knowledge of building materials and different types of mold.
4. Removing the infested materials – This step requires adequate safety equipment and tools. All water-damaged and infested materials must be removed and placed in thick, strong plastic bags. The bags should be sealed and disposed of according to local law.
5. Thorough cleanup of the area – The entire room should be vacuumed with a HEPA vacuum, and all surfaces cleaned with a damp cloth and an eco-friendly cleaning solution.
Mold Removal in Burlington With Inch by Inch
Many Burlington homes are in need of a mold remediation, as the vicinity of the lake confers high air humidity that is favourable for mold development. Molds can negatively affect the air quality within the home and the health of its inhabitants, which is why it is best to remove them as soon as possible. If you are looking for a certified, trusted mold removal company in Burlington, reach out to Inch by Inch Inspections. Our friendly staff is equipped with knowledge and experience that ensures the highest quality of service and successful mold remediation. Call Inch by Inch today to schedule your inspection.