How Do You Treat Mold Sickness?

When we first hear the word “mold”, most of us first think of spoiled food, musty smells and unsightly stains on walls. However, molds can also be present in seemingly clean environments. They can hide in building materials, hard-to-reach spots, nooks, and crannies, which makes their detection by simple visual inspection very challenging. Oftentimes people live in their homes without even knowing molds are there, making mold removal in Mississauga a necessity. 

Long-term exposure to molds usually leads to mold sickness, but considering its symptoms are very similar to other common health problems, its true cause is often overlooked.

What Are the Symptoms of Mold Sickness?

Mold sickness usually displays very mild symptoms in healthy people, so it often flies under their radar. People with allergies, compromised immune systems and respiratory diseases are significantly more sensitive, so even low concentrations of mold spores can trigger a reaction. The typical symptoms of exposure include:

  • nasal congestion
  • coughing
  • sneezing
  • headache
  • eye irritation
  • sore throat
  • wheezing
  • itchy skin, rashes

As these are also typical symptoms of various allergies, we can see why it is often hard to pinpoint their exact cause. However, if you are experiencing these symptoms, and feel better when you leave your home, but worse when you go back, it is a good indicator that mold is the culprit.

The best way to find out what exactly is causing your air quality issues is to get an indoor air quality test. A professional test can tell you the exact concentration of all potential pollutants, and help you locate their source.

How to Treat Mold Sickness?

Mold sickness is not something that should be left untreated. In the long-term, mold exposure can cause serious respiratory problems and significantly decrease the quality of life. The best way to deal with mold sickness is to eat nutritious food, drink enough water, rest well, and most importantly – breathe fresh, clean air. You want to stop the exposure as soon as possible.

However, considering your home is in question, you cannot just pack your bags and leave. On the other hand, DIY mold removal is very time-consuming, rarely successful, and very risky. If the infected area isn’t isolated properly during the entire removal, mold spores can easily spread to other areas in the home. As mold growth can be very stealthy, only an experienced eye can notice all infested materials. Even the smallest traces of remaining mold can later develop into a large colony and repeatedly cause air quality issues. The best choice is to hire a professional mold removal company and leave it to the experts. Certified inspectors in Mississauga have the tools and knowledge to permanently solve mold problems in your home safely, and efficiently.

If you are looking for a trusted inspector in Mississauga, someone who cares for his clients and provides high-quality service, reach out to Inch by Inch Inspections. The experienced, friendly staff of Inch by Inch is ready to turn your home into a mold-free environment, and help you keep it that way. Call today to schedule your mold removal.

Call Now: 416-568-9702
Error...

Please, enter a valid value

Inch by Inch Inspections

REQUEST A FREE QUOTE

PLEASE ANSWER

SCHEDULE INSPECTION

PLEASE ANSWER

Please, enter a valid value