Mold removal is one of the worst cleanup jobs out there. And if it's not done right, mold can come back. That's why it's important to hire a professional for mold remediation in Burlington. Professional mold removal in Burlington is a process that involves the remediation of mold and mildew on surfaces of your home or business. Removing mold as soon as it is discovered will save time and money. This blog post will guide you through the process of preparing for professional mold removal in Burlington from the trained experts at Inch By Inch Inspections.
If You Notice Mold in Your Home, Call a Professional
- Do not attempt to clean mold yourself. Removing mold is a specialized service that requires expertise and training in order to avoid additional damage to your property, health complications or even death.
- Mold can be found growing on almost any surface. Mold spreads from one surface to another by spores being windblown or transferred from one surface to another with your hands, feet or other objects.
- The longer you wait for professional mold removal, the more likely mold has spread to other surfaces of your home or business.
- When a professional removes mold, they remove the current problem and prevent new mold growth.
Preparing For Professional Mold Removal in Burlington
Professional mold removal in Burlington can be tricky, but you can make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible if you're prepared. First, make sure you're dealing with mold and not some other issue. But before you call in Inch By Inch Inspections to perform mold removal in Burlington, here are a few things you can keep in mind:
Be Sure That Your Home Is Clean:
Mold grows on dirt. If your home is dusty, it will grow faster and more abundantly. Make sure the room is well-ventilated and dry before you begin remediation. If there are any leaks in the room, fix them! They are causing dampness and moisture that can be exacerbated by heat and humidity.
Try to Avoid Breathing In Dust and Mold:
The technician should have all necessary air filtration equipment in place. Still, it's also a good idea to open windows and remove any damp, porous materials that may have come into contact with mold during the process. This includes clothing, books, papers and photos.
Free-Standing Water Should Be Removed:
If there are any puddles of water that the mold inspector cannot remove using a pump, try using a fan to evaporate the water before they arrive. This is to ensure that the mold has no place to grow or survive, which can cause future problems.
DIY Mold Removal Process:
- Be prepared for a lengthy process: Mold removal can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the severity of the infestation. Make sure you have plenty of time set aside to complete the process.
- Have all necessary materials on hand: To remove mold effectively, you'll need gloves, respirators, eye protection, and old clothing that you don't mind getting dirty. You'll also need soap, water, bleach, and any other cleaning supplies specified by your chosen mold removal company.
- Follow all instructions carefully: The last thing you want is to worsen the problem by using the wrong products or methods. If you're unsure about anything, contact the professionals at Inch By Inch for guidance.
- Prevent mold from returning: Once the mold remediation process is complete, take steps to prevent mold from coming back. This includes fixing any leaks or moisture problems in your home, keeping it clean and dust-free, and storing unused belongings in airtight containers or bags.
Professional Mold Remediation Is Always Better
Professional mold removal is always better than DIY solutions. Why? Because a professional knows what to look for and identify. They also know how to remove the mold safely and thoroughly. And they can do so without spreading the spores and causing further damage.
Contact Inch By Inch Inspections today if you need professional mold remediation services in Burlington.