Mold can get into your home through a window left open, a bathroom that isn’t well-ventilated or by seepage from outside. However it enters, it’s important you do book mold removal in Toronto to avoid further health problems. Mold is one of the most common problems in Toronto homes, and it can cause serious health issues. In fact, according to the World Health Organization, their research shows that approximately 1 in every 5 people suffers from allergies caused by mold exposure. Most people will take medicines, assuming it is their allergies when in fact, it is mold in their home!
The most effective way to fight mold is to prevent it from developing in the first place by keeping the humidity levels in your home low. Use your air conditioner and dehumidifier at home, as well as ventilators in bathrooms and kitchens. Additionally, wipe up any water you might find on the floor or walls. No matter where you find mold, you need to promptly contact a mold remediation company in Toronto. That being said, there are dozens of different kinds of mold, and each type poses various threats of contamination and infection.
It is important to understand that there are thousands of species of molds, and they are classified into three main categories that can be seen below:
- Allergenic: these types of molds will affect individuals that have asthma attacks and can create allergic reactions to other individuals.
- Pathogenic: these types of molds will only affect individuals with immune system disorders or those recovering from a serious illness.
- Toxigenic: these molds are the worst kind and can cause serious health issues to any healthy or unhealthy individual.
Now that we understand the categories of molds, let's look at 12 different types of mold we might find in our homes.
- Penicillium: Pathogenic and allergenic strains
- Trichoderma: Allergenic strains
- Aspergillus: Allergenic strains
- Fusarium: Allergenic strains
- Stachybotrys: Toxigenic strains
- Mucormycetes: Allergenic strains
- Alternaria: Allergenic strains
- Aureobasidium Pullulan: Allergenic strains
- Acremonium: Toxigenic strains
- Chaetomium: Allergenic and pathogenic strains
- Cladosporium: Allergenic strains
- Ulocladium: Allergenic and pathogenic strains
Mold removal By Inch by Inch Inspections
With such a vast variety of strains, it can be difficult to identify and know how to remove them. There are a few DIY methods that can be found on the internet that look easy, however, they do not always work. If managed incorrectly, these molds can come back and spread even further. If you live in a home with animals and other individuals, it is safer to hire professionals that can identify mold in the places you have found as well as areas that may have been missed.
Should you see mold in your home, reach out to Inch By Inch. We are a team of experienced professionals who will effectively eliminate any mould and reduce the chances of more mold growing.