One of the biggest battles for homeowners is controlling the indoor humidity inside the house. Excess air moisture in a confined space creates a prime breeding ground for mold. Common to residential areas, black mold is named for the telltale black or brown smears that appear on various surfaces where there is elevated humidity and poor ventilation. Black mold is a biological fungus that emits airborne pollutants Black mold removal in Toronto is essential if you suspect the presence of the fungus as it emits airborne pollutants that can greatly affect air quality and the health of occupants in the home. Detecting mold early on is important to as the fungus can spread quickly and can destroy surfaces if left unchecked. Any changes in lifestyle and health should be noted as it could be an air quality problem caused by black mold. Strange and stale odors that are new could also be a black mold indicator.
Common hot spot for black mold and how to find the fungus
Black mold can quickly take hold in areas of the home where humidity is high. Bathrooms, laundry room, kitchens, basements and attics are common areas for mold development as high humidity and poor ventilation are characteristics of these specific areas around the home.
- Black mold appears as dark streaks or smears. Inspect walls, mouldings and corners for the tell-tale discolouration.
- Moldy air can immediately cause symptoms so any rapid changes in wellness when moving from room to room may indicate a local black mold problem.
- Water leaks and restricted ventilation is a major cause of indoor black mold and should be inspected and repaired immediately.
- Stale or off odors that are common to a specific area may most likely mean mold in the immediate area. Black mold spreads bacteria and spores directly into the home’s air stream and will change the way the local air smells.
- Professionals who provide black mold removal in Toronto can thoroughly diagnose the air quality and detect areas of mold in your home as well as provide solutions for safely removing the fungus and repairing causes the prevent further black mold outbreaks.
Reduced air quality from black mold can cause negative health effects
Home with black mold are considered unsafe and could potentially cause mild to more severe health negative health effects. By nature, the fungus releases bacteria and mold spores into the air with can irritate human respiratory systems and cause a series of secondary health conditions. Larger mold fields means more pollutants in the air making black mold removal in Toronto more of a priority once it is detected. Low quality air caused by mold can cause several short term conditions and symptoms that can appear immediately:
- Nasal and sinus irritation
- Coughing fits and wheezing
- Skin and eye irritation
- Hay fever and allergy type conditions
- Headaches and longer recovery times from injuries and viruses
- Shortness of breath and difficulty taking deep breaths
- Interrupted sleep patterns
Long term exposure to low quality air can eventually reduce oxygen levels in the body which can lead to many chronic conditions that can affect other parts of the body. Even a minor reduction in quality of life in your home should be investigated to prevent any possible health related problems from occurring.
Some do-it-yourself fixes if you suspect black mold in your home
Finding evidence of black mold in your home is cause for concern and there are some immediate fixes that can you can deploy yourself to help improve the situation:
- HEPA and higher end air cleaners can do an effective job of removing the air borne bacteria and spores released by the fungus
- Sealing off the room where black mold is present can control the flow of pollutants from that area
- Remove and safely dispose of drywall that is affected by mold
- Cleanse all surfaces affected with commercial strength bleaches and fungicidal detergent
- The area must be completely dry and ventilated before restoration and remediation can begin
Detecting and removing mold is a detailed and specific process. Make sure you use appropriate safety gear when tackling your mold removal job. Hiring experienced professional who provide black mold removal in Toronto ensure complete detection of all mold areas and the safe and complete removal of the fungus from your home.
Black mold removal in Toronto is best left to experienced professionals
Black mold is one of the more sneaky problems for homeowners as it can take hold and spread in the most inaccessible parts of your home. Hiring a professional who understands residential black mold removal in Toronto is your best choice for the most thorough and complete job and total restoration of air quality in your home. A professional contractor such as Inch By Inch will:
- Test air quality to confirm the presence of mold and provide a detailed air quality report
- Inspect the exterior of the home for potential water leaks as well as restricted vents
- Inspect interior areas based on the exterior check
- Inspect interior areas that are common black mold areas
- Provide a detailed assessment and removal plan to fully eradicate the fungus from your home
Inch By Inch is a certified contractor and will walk you through the entire job step by step and give full details of what to expect during the inspection and removal process.
Inch By Inch is your first and best choice for black mold removal in Toronto
Black mold removal in Toronto should be left to experienced and trusted professionals who fully understand the specifics of residential mold removal. Inch By Inch is fully trained and certified in the latest removal methods and adheres to provincial and municipal regulations for removal and disposal of material. Inch By Inch is your partner for air quality management, mold inspection and removal and you you can trust them to ensure your home is safe and healthy.
If you suspect black mold at your property, call Inch By Inch immediately to assess your particular situation. They will provide practical solutions to remove any mold as well as offer preventative measures to help avoid any future black mold problems.